Journey to the End of the Night: Robot Apocalypse JEN
1800 W. 18th
Saturday Sept. 17th
6:00pm sign up
Free! Invite Everyone!
CITY WIDE GAME OF TAG!
If you missed the last Journey to the End of the Night, run by our good friends over at CGø, this will be the most fun you’ll have all summer!
Here’s The Story invites the people of Chicago to participate in what will be a race, a game of tag, a scavenger hunt, and an incredibly chase through the city streets at night with your friends! This game rewards both the fit, the stealthy, the cunning and those who are smart enough to work the public transit system. Journey is happening again before it gets to cold to play outside! It is a free street game of cinematic proportions run by awesome volunteers in cities around the world. Make new friends, bring old ones, and find new ways to adventure in our city! It will be super fun, and the more people that play, the merrier! This is a purely community based event!
Click on the poster to RSVP on Facebook:
This time we’ve wrapped the game in story. You are all playing humans in an alternate Chicago. This alternate Chicago has been overrun by robots. Robots set on turning every last human into one of them. You will gather at Harrison Park (18th stop on the Pink Line) and there you will be given a map to freedom. Think of it as an underground railroad. You will have to make it to five safe zones before being allowed to escape the robots for good. Read more of the unfolding story at the disorder of the wild onion.
You will meet at a crowded Harrison Park. There you will receive a map and two ribbons. One will be red. One will be blue.
The blue one will be placed on your arm. The red one will go in your pocket.
At 7:00pm you will follow the map across the city trying to make it to the secret checkpoints as quickly as you can. All the while you’ll be chased by robots wearing red ribbons.
If you get caught, you will hand over your blue ribbon as a prize to the chaser. You will take the red ribbon out of your pocket and place it around your arm. You are now a robot. The object of the game is to get to checkpoints without getting tagged or to catch as many runners as you can.
1. Chasers (Robots) may only catch one person at a time.
2. You must take the blue ribbon before you tag another runner.
3. Checkpoints are safe zones. No one can be tagged in a safe zone.
4. Safe zones will be noted on the map you receive in the beginning.
5. Public transportation is always a safe zone. The only thing that counts as public transit are buses and trains.
6. If there is an argument about who got caught, you settle it like adults in the dark of night between each other remembering the game is meant to be fun.
7. Everyone who makes it to the finish line is a winner and will receive a prize.
8. The runner who reaches the finish line first wins a trophy.
9. The chaser who captures the most runners wins a trophy.
Fill this out, and never miss another Here’s the Story event.